QuickBooks is a great accounting program that provides great features and makes work easy. But there are times when it crashes and displays unwanted errors. In this type of situation, it is important that you get in touch with a trained specialist.
In today’s blog, we will discuss QuickBooks error 1406 in detail. This is usually due to the intervention of a third party and requires immediate resolution. Let’s have a look at some simple ways through which you can get rid of this error.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 1406
When any third-party software interferes with the accounting program, QuickBooks installs error 1406. The computer system briefly crashes or freezes whenever this error occurs. This is similar to QuickBooks error 3140; However, the solutions to the two issues are completely different
To get rid of this error, just follow the below steps carefully: –
Solution #1: Disable your Antivirus or Any Other Security Software in Your System
- Any new anti-virus update, firewall, or security software update may contain error code 1406.
- Disable your security software on a temporary basis.
- Use selective startup to disable firewall or anti-virus in your computer system. After that, check if the error is still visible. If yes, go to the next solution and use those steps.
Solution #2: Repair or Fix Registry damage
- To successfully repair your registry damage, you need to make sure that you have complete control for administrators and system groups.
- Your system should have access to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ _ISTOR
- As a user, you must check whether the owner of the key is set in the Administrators group.
Solution #3: Use the QB Installation Diagnostic Tool
- You must first download the QB Install Diagnostic Tool online.
- Save the downloaded file to your system and run the program.
- The running process can take about 20 minutes to finish.
- Wait patiently and when the process is complete, restart your system.
Solution #4: Check Windows Updates, Ensure You Haven’t Missed Any
- If your system has any pending Windows updates related to MSXML, .NET Framework or C ++, just check.
- If your Windows OS has out-dated, this may be the reason for the QuickBooks instance. Therefore, you need to update the operating system immediately.
- Once updated, simply restart your computer system and you will notice that the error has disappeared.
These are some of the most effective solutions for QuickBooks Error 1406. To get solutions like these for other QB errors, subscribe to us now. We update our blog page regularly to ensure that your required accounting tasks are not affected by errors.
Contact us using our QuickBooks Support toll-free number. Our team of experts is available all the time i.e. to provide proper support to the users 24/7.